Advising sessions in the Office of Evaluations are available to assist SDSU's undergraduate students with academic questions regarding their academic record as it relates to graduation, transfer credit from another institution, and understanding SDSU's academic policies. For more information about the additional academic advising resources at SDSU, visit the Seeing an Advisor web page.
To meet with an Advisor virtually or in person, schedule an appointment by following the steps below:
- Log in to your SDSU Navigate (EAB) application using your SDSUid and password.
- Once you are signed in, you will select the blue Get Assistance button.
- You will go through a series of questions that will direct you to select a location for advising services. The advisors in the Office of Evaluations can advise on the following services: Study Abroad Advising (international transfer credit and course approval process) and Other Advising (transfer credit evaluation, university graduation requirements). If you are in need of advising for General Education (GE), course planning, or your major, you will need to contact your major advisor or refer to the Seeing an Advisor web page for other advising services.
- Once you have identified the correct location for your advising needs, you will select a time and modality (In-Person or Virtual Meeting) that works for you. For optimal availability, we recommend selecting an open time rather than selecting an advisor.
- You can review availability for the current week or select the following week using
the arrows. Appointment availability is set up on a two week rolling basis. Make sure
you Confirm your appointment by reviewing your appointment details and selecting Schedule at the bottom of your appointment summary. We highly recommend you add your questions
to the Comments section of the appointment, so it can help our advisors prepare for your appointment.
- To ensure your appointment was successfully scheduled, review your Upcoming Appointments on your SDSU Navigate (EAB) homepage.
- If you are a former SDSU student and do not have an SDSUid, please email [email protected] with your name, RedID, and appointment request with day and time availability to set up an appointment.
- For more information and guidance for using SDSU Navigate (EAB) please visit SDSU Navigate Students Start Here.
Accessing Your Scheduled SDSU Navigate (EAB) Appointment
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, log in to your SDSU Navigate (EAB) application and review your Upcoming Appointments information.
- If you selected a virtual meeting, you will see the Zoom meeting link within the details of your scheduled appointment under URL. If you selected an In-Person meeting, please arrive at the Office of Evaluations (SSW 1551) prior to your appointment to check in and be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
- For virtual meetings, be sure you are logging in to the Zoom meeting with your SDSU Zoom account.
Virtual Advising Tips
- Select a quiet location where you are comfortable sharing your academic information.
- Log in to your SDSU WebPortal on your personal computer or device and access your degree evaluation. Please have a copy ready for an advisor to review with you. If you were a previous student or you do not have access to a degree evaluation for reasons such as majoring in more than two majors, we will still be able to assist you.
- If you have applied to graduate, please contact your graduation advisor. If you do not know who your graduation advisor is or if you do not have their contact information, please email [email protected] and we will provide their information to you. Please include your first and last names and RedID in your email.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance to allow the availability for another student to access the advising time. To cancel your appointment refer to your upcoming appointments in SDSU Navigate (EAB) and follow the steps to cancel.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with your SDSU zoom account, refer to SDSU's Zoom support page.